Friday, May 16, 2008

art for everyone

what am i thinking about making next?
lately i've been inspired by people who've been getting their work 'out there.'  there's an english dept. grant that sponsors students to immerse themselves in other cultures and write literary editorials. i heard some, and they were pretty great--well written AND informative.  students went to Nepal, Katmandu (Julia, do you remember Ian from intro?), regions of the Amazon...

how can we artists do something like that?  

I also came across some interesting blogs that circulate artwork for the purpose of circulating artwork--sending drawings for free if you want them (I sent this to Jason earlier this week.)  So, as of now I'm wondering how can mass produced OR distribution-without-expectation work be explored?  In bookmaking we have a final project, and I've been looking at 'zines'...I'm really NOT interested in political statement or personal exposure, so how do I reconcile these things?

yesterday I saw Frida at the PMA: phillamuseum.org
she's an inspiring woman.

also, a site that Laura told me about yesterday: fecalface.com 
check it out. (especially the Argentinean graffiti stop-motion artist Blu)

ps. mini-golf is going to be great.

No comments: