Monday, December 3, 2007

Abby:)

Abby,

Here is my post for you thus far:
Your work for me is relatable because I think in a tangle (ADD)
and your work for me highlights that chaotic moment and the idea of mapping
out a thought pattern. I know you work with words( I also enjoy this) and I think
that the idea of speech is how you have illustrated it. We learn sounds, letters,
words, sentences, it is all strung together. I like what you are doing a lot and I
really wish I could have seen the performance piece with the 6 pockets and
Becketts quote (lol). Are you working on something right now? IF so I would like
to hear about it....

After looking at your work the ideas that I have for myself is to incorporate the overwhelming beautiful tangle in my upcoming piece. I think it fits because as I mentioned earlier it imitates my thinking pattern. I would make sculptures similar to one of the ones I produced a couple semesters ago.

Some artists you might look at are:
Adrianne Crane :http://brooklynartproject.typepad.com/my_weblog/sculpture/index.html (there are a few nice pieces on this page, hers is the red bowl piece.)
I know you said real artist but I thought you might like this:http://hnn.us/blogs/2/authors/1187.html
Finally you most likely know this one but: Buzz Spector (anywhere on the internet)

Thats about it for now ~Ash

No comments: