Sunday, December 2, 2007

yoohoo...Jo!

Ok so now that ive actually had a chance to see your work in person...and ALMOST finished it has a much much stronger impression on me. I think was just excited by the annoying piecing together an impossible puzzle aspect...I have a slight puzzle obsession :) But I think theres something interesting in the idea that because they sort of exploded you had to piece these things together unexpectedly much like archaeologists do...you didnt get to just recreate something...you had to go through the whole process yourself. I dont know why but that adds so much more to the project for me. I found this site that has all of these articles about archaeological finds...10th century honey pots....footprints in clay....lots of random things...but i just thought it was interesting because a lot of them go along with that whole idea of things that wouldn't be intentionally preserved for the future.
http://www.lockergnome.com/news/category/archaeology/

So now we just need to get pictures of each others work...

oh...and i dont know if it was just when i tried to look at it...but I couldnt see the last post you did...so im not sure if it was a picture or what...ill try again a little later.
~Bethany

No comments: