Thursday, October 30, 2008

In my head... In my head... In my head...

So as of now I feel like I have been a huge slacker. But then again I am working carefully through a delicate process. A decent bump happened tonight while I was molding and I thought I lost one of my positives. (Which would have caused me to have a major BF if I did thank god it didnt happen) So as for process I have a video that you all can watch about how I am working right now to kind of get insight on this appliance making technique.



So yeah a pain in the ass with mold making basically.

I need to just keep moving forward at a more steady pace and I think that this is going to lead me to a place where I and this "mask" will end the semester with performance. It is very interesting to start off with a block of clay and then start making yourself into a different entity. This going along with my semester theme of suspension of disbelief I think is pretty cool. So hopefully I can suspend some disbelief through a live performance or a captured performance.

I may do some sculptural work and apply the crystalline glaze to it just to see what happens. The only problem is that it is a very obnoxious glaze so I have to think about the proper application. I saw some more sculptural vessels done by an artist named Bill Campbell which I think may be a good starting point for me to take further. Unfortunately I cannot find his sculptural work images so I'll link his website for you...



http://www.campbellpottery.com/index.html

Almost finished my experiments with materials. Ive done the crystalline glaze and screen printed on clay and now all I have to do is the foam latex!!!

So as the semester wraps up expect me to not sleep and go crazy as normal!!

No comments: