Thursday, October 30, 2008

Samantha Grandy's Self-Assessment Blog

I finally finished putting holes in all 38 pots. That took me about a week. I did not realize how time consuming it would be to do that. I want to have a good project that I actually like, but I finally got all my pots into the klin yesturday, so hopefully they will be done by tomorrow so I can start glazing them. To finish off the project, I actually bought some tea lights to go under the pots so it can create cool shadows. This is all an experiment and im hoping it works.

I looked up Lucie Rie and loved her work. It is very simple but with a touch of her own flare. Her pieces look very delicate. I like how she experiments with different type of shapes and creates new forms. I want to do this in my next project. I really love the colors she uses, white, pale blue, pinks, bronze, and tans(Very natural). Her pieces are not overwhelming kind of like mine first project. I do not want them to be crazy out there. Simple is a good way to go sometimes. 

My next project I do want to create bigger forms but for this first project I wanted do to something small and something I could repeat over and over again so I get the hang of throwing. And so far I feel like I accomplished that.

Samantha Kelly Grandy

No comments: