Friday, February 22, 2008

God... God.... GOD GOD! GAWD!

So the major thing that I want to focus on this semester is the question, "What does God look like?" This is going to be an out there piece like most of mine, but I am kind of hesitant to bring a religious aspect to my work. Im still debating if this is going to be religious or spiritually geared because of the stigma attached to the word God. I think of the word very differently from the common/social definition of Americans which is basically Christian God. I don't really buy into the fact that there is one supreme being that should be worshiped but that we all just give the same entity different names or split it up into different aspects of personality.

I personally think that this entity whatever or whoever it may be is occurring in the form of a particle. Oh, how going to sleep brings weird ideas into my head. I was thinking about how people say that God is everything and a part of you and always there. The only way I think for that to be possible would be for God to occur in some kind of particle. So hence I am going to make it. Mostly consisting of hollow spheres that I am going to throw and then I want to incorporate other elements that I think kind of emulate God's structure. (Solar system, Atoms, ect.)

Here is a good article that I found that really demonstrates my concept of God:

http://www.freewebs.com/thegodparticle/

end...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.