Thursday, February 21, 2008

mapsnthings

last semester i started to explore clay as a medium to record. Recently I've been drawn towards researching maps--old maps/sea charts/body maps etc. etc. here's the crazy 'family map' that my uncle sent me:

file:///Users/emily/Desktop/clay%20interest/ppt%20images/family%20tree.tiff


I'm finding out that my creative process is slow, so for now i'm sitting and thinking really hard about how maps can be 3 dimensional. Also, I have this...thing...where i don't like to make clay emulate another material. for the time being, i'm trying to reconcile these ideas.

ps. i have yet to fire anything yet BUT i'm breaking that streak on Saturday when joe and i are firing my bed piece from last semester in the propane kiln outside. aren't you all going to miss joe? come! i think we're kicking off at 12. bed-firing party!

No comments: