Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Lets Get it Started... or Something.

Well to sit here and fully describe my plans for the installation I'm working on... that would take days and still not make any sense. So lets just sum it up with: a room that will act as a doorway into my head (figuratively speaking).

So lets just talk about this semester: I want to get the full-sized version of me rolling. Yet I need to research techniques for that first, so I am starting with the Abbott's. In other words I am making a bunch of ceramic bugs that will be displayed around the feet of the clay me. I'm really excited and hopefully as the semester goes on everyone will be able to grasp what I am going for a lot better. (Feel free to come talk to me one-on-one about my project).

Some people I have been looking at/ am inspired by/ just plain enjoy=

*Christie Minervini: So I saw this lady on HGTV... No lie. She makes these great polymer bug crafty gifts. Check her out at
http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.galleryfifty.com/images/CMinervini.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.galleryfifty.com/about.asp&h=225&w=165&sz=11&hl=en&start=1&um=1&tbnid=GGSEGQsFqrk8wM:&tbnh=108&tbnw=79&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dchristie%2Bminervini%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dsafari%26rls%3Den%26sa%3DNO

Or Google her!

*Drew Ernst: Google him, he has OCD and, to say the least he is all about detail!

I don't know how to put pictures on here. I don't like computers... so yeah. That's about it for now. I like feedback, and I don't mind if you ask about my work. I am pretty sure that no one can figure anything out from what I just wrote. Which in a sense means you've figured me out, as well as my project ;). Now that we are all thoroughly confused I am goning to stop typing. ~Ash

No comments: