Monday, April 21, 2008

bits and pieces

So I am currently waiting for my "beehive" looking gi-normous coil pot to dry enough so that I can make sure that my torso will fit on the top. In the meanwhile I have been hand-building a "fencing" of sorts to be mounted on the holes now in my coil pot. My idea is to set the torso on top, so that it still exists in real space for people to walk around, but I would like the piece to have a depth to it also, so people can look inside it. I am currently looking into how I can light the inside with small lights that are unseen, yet have a presence, or possible glow to them. I have been looking in antique stores for old bird toys that will exist within my "bird-cage-beehive" (haha since there were no other explanations for it). I also want to have a hay like substance that can peek out the holes.

I also attempted to learn how to sauder, because I am still building the arms for my torso, but saudering definitely isn't the way to go. There are too many joints for saudering for it to be feasible, so I have started the very slow process of knotting together all the joints, just like the fencing that I created for the bird-cage effect.

I wasn't there the first week when the mini-golf project was discussed, so i am not really sure what the options are. I agree that it would be really fun to have it on top of a roof some where. I probably have more questions than actual ideas. Are we going to advertise for the mini-golf course? are other people (outside of the class) going to be able to play? Probably because i am coming from an illustration/graphic background, I think it would be fun to create a name, brand, and ad for the golf course that led to the "secret" course .... though I imagine, only art kids would actually take the time to check it out. haha. It would be fun if the course utilized some found objects, and wasn't just all built, like the 'hobo' version of mini golf. haha.














C R E E E E E E E P Y !!!
Should the mini golf theme be strange?
I just thought i would throw this picture in because it creeps the heck outta me. haha

No comments: