Monday, April 21, 2008

Plaster, Clay, Self Impression Maintenance...

Currently:

So right now I am currently working on recording myself into clay, by means of punching, laying, and/or smashing myself into wet clay. It is actually quite fun and recommend everyone try it, but don't get it in your mouth because it is not to tasty, a bit caustic actually. So after the impression is made i started embellishing things with found objects like pvc, computer parts, wooden stakes and such. They are kind of forming this landscape on my body or some kind of scape, and I am enjoying it. I do not know what direction I am going to go. I am really leaning towards projecting light on to the mass of body parts (which will be hung on the wall) and playing with the shadow to make something.... But I have no clue what or whether it will be a video or I may revisit the godly LED's. We'll see where it goes. It will probably come to me in my sleep.

Random note:

I want to do a performance that no one sees in which I will be covered in slip and record through contact with objects what has been done.

Future:

For mini golf I am thinking about carnivorous plants or maybe just one big carnivorous plant. I like them and I kind of want to revisit the penis fly trap and improve/rework. Maybe it wont break this time. And for location I am thinking it would be amazing if we could get it on top of the studio somehow....

Moo.

No comments: