Monday, April 21, 2008

I've decided to do some exploring with colors in this wider project dealing with light and texture. I've been mixing some tangerine- and robins egg blue-colored slips and finding ways to apply them to my pots. I'm pulled by traditional decoration motifs- especially birds, plants and buildings- but I'm trying to use the light (reflective) and texture to make them pop out of or into the surface of the vessels.

i'm not sure about a mini-golf hole idea. I guess i picture something themed as well. i'd probably do something with thrown tubes that the golf would go through and then drop out the end to a new level (picture the golf ball flying like a bird....).


i agree that golf course should be set up on manicured grass somewhere very visible. something about the very clean and neat grass as a canvas for all the funkiness that will the golf course seems like a good balance to me.

No comments: