Monday, April 21, 2008

A hole in one.

Right now I am working on touching up the bugs and securing their legs better. Also I am working on making an environment for them. I started out making weeds/flowers out of clay but I decided that they just didn't feel "right". So I tossed a few in reclaim (I'm keeping a few incase I change my mind, which happens a lot). Now I am thinking of making them from wire/fabric??? Still working out the details. As for the life-sized ME, I plan on pursuing that next semester and I finally decided to use wire as the structure. I think making me out of clay was too permanent and "heavy". When I first came up with my idea to make this installation I was in a hazy state of mind. I feel like the clay "me" would draw too much attention. The point of the room is to crawl into my head and to see things through Ashlie tinted glasses. I think making "me" out of wire would provide a solution to these problems. Basically I feel like I am in a constant state of change, rooted only to the here and now through a frame. The wire me I think would visually communicate this to the audience, as well as numerous other things.

I haven't thought much about the golf project. I guess I was just waiting to hear more about it. Yet if I were to make a hole I would want it to be Funky and Fun. The installation I have been working on is far more tedious than I thought, so I would want the golf project to lighten things up a little bit. I sketch a lot of cartoon creatures. So I would most likely pull one of them out of my notebook and blow him/her up. Just some crazy, colorful, fun creature from my mind. Yet none of that is set in stone.
As for locations I like what people have been saying but I want it to be somewhere with a bit more... landscape? Does that make sense? It would be far more interesting if the land we place this on isn't flat and rectangular. Maybe some slight slopes, trees, WATER?? Maybe we could get a gator that eats all the balls that land in the water?? I know what you are thinking... where around here are we going to find that. No idea. I got nothing. Legality becomes an issue, but I thought of a state park (white clay creek) or maybe even a rooftop somewhere!
So that's about it.

No comments: