Wednesday, October 3, 2007

In Laura Heon's lecture, two of the pieces that she talked about really interested me. The first one was the one that was made up of the moble home that was taken apart to show the different levels and floor plan of the building. by it being in pieces you could see how over time it slowly wore away and looked more used and dirty. its interesting how they took an already made object, and just by altering how you look at it, it changes the meaning of it, and gives it a whole other way to look at it, instead of as an home, but as an art piece. the other piece that interested me was the structure that was built over the building. The intricacy of the structure underneath that supported the shape was really interesting, it reminded me of the supports for a wooden rollercoaster.

so far this semester i have learned more how i should learn to work faster. my bigest problem is the speed at which i work. The fact that i spend so much time on small detail causes me to work at a much slower pace. also i realized more that i tend to try to put off starting somehting because i am not sure exactly how i am going to do it, so i figure if i put it off i dont have to try to do it, but that ends up meaing i dont have as much done as i should. like this semester so far how my corn still isnt done being sculpted yet.

The song that i think reflects my corn country hillbilly would be, "Jimmy Crack Corn, and I Dont Care" for obvious reasons. mostly because it reminds me of a country song about corn, and well that theme relates to my current piece.

No comments: