Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Laura Heon--
She didn't talk about herself too much, and what she actually does from day to day. You know, the ins and outs of her position. Instead, her lecture was very much focused on what her artist did/has done/will be doing. I would have preferred if Hans was there over Laura. It was like a filtered down presentation of artist Hans Schabus. Anyway. Bananas! She graduated from Harvard, she's smart. She looks at other galleries for artists, and in some cases, just asks them who the big deal is these days--then does some research on them. Then like, maybe, they'll get to do something for her.

As for my project(s). Well I'm kind of unsure of clay, I still don't know what to make of it. And so, I'm experimenting with some things, just letting shit happen. I'm learning things crack in ceramics, and I'm just going to embrace that I think. I think firing clay is kind of annoying, you know, after I make something, it's done. So the whole waiting for the clay to dry thing, then firing, then glazing, and firing again, is just crazy to me. Still, to this day, I haven't glazed anything. I think thats kind of admirable.

As for clay music. I'm usually one to quietly sing to the clay, the song changes everyday. They're usually bad songs. But I think the question was--what music piece or something would your clay be? I think it would have to be just some kind of weird talk radio. The kind of station where its background, not really kickin' out the jams, but informational. Seeping information. You know, into your brain and stuff.

No comments: