Sunday, November 2, 2008

finally!!!

I am so glad to finally be done with that plate/dinner idea! I was happy with the performance surprise that Kerri and I threw in last minute. I just wanted to break one of those plates. And it was majorly satisfying.

So next idea. Recording sound and making a conversation. We did rent a voice recorder from the library, but they only let you keep it for one day. So we'll def be checking it out often to get some good material to work with. We're playing with the thought of having some sort of projection with this.

Alright, artists. This isn't really related
to any ceramics ideas I have right now, but I am really liking Julie Evans' work. It reminds me somewhat of the spirographs I'm working on for print. I'm totally enjoying the color palettes, the circles, and the accents.

Another artist that interests me right now is Beatriz Milhazes. I recently read an article about her and her process on the NY Times website. She takes painted motifs and pastes them onto a canvas, almost like a decal. That in a way relates back to what Kerri and I just did with the temporary tattoos on the plates and bowls acting as decals.

Beatriz Milhazes - Modern Motifs, With Echoes of Brazil

No comments: