Saturday, November 1, 2008

mid-mid-mid term

I am enjoying this strange new state of being where I have tons of ideas and not enough time/fingers to make them. I've really been focusing on recording. All my ideas and experiences I'm trying to funnel into this massive pool of information. Also, really establishing a routine where I make time and space to work and expand, and I'm open every day to starting new things or seeing something or realizing something that could start yet another exploration. The body has been important to me lately, how it moves and communicates and reads and records.
This is all really exciting to me after periods of time when I felt stagnant. Also, I just work everyday without pretense sort of. just working, no pressure. No posters due, so I can just allow myself to open up and let things go. I've felt really productive all the time even if at the end of the day I don't have all this finished stuff to show. I still wish I had more time to read. I might start dedicating one day a week to laying in bed and reading books, and finding someone that will bring me snacks every time I ring a bell.
I'm trying to let the idea of creating a practice and understanding my process guide this whole thing.

Abby showed me an artist, Roman Signer that I now love and look through his book probably everyday. He sets up all these incredible experiments, and he made a catapult to shoot tables out of windows. I really like the sort of scientific experiments that have no actual relevance but must follow the rules of science or maybe not but are definitely absurd.

oh and on Tuesday i'm going to philly to volunteer at the polls and such, if anyone wants to join me.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m1248/is_6_89/ai_75496776

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.orbit.zkm.de/files/20050629_Rheinfluegel_Kunstakademie_Roman-Signer.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.orbit.zkm.de/%3Fq%3Dnode/224&h=407&w=551&sz=29&hl=en&start=1&sig2=DXyfGxTRhl3cfGu4X5Et0w&um=1&usg=__5ENyBu3J-UYn3jaf-fjJVfHu7GE=&tbnid=O2pnmu3e8Q9BIM:&tbnh=98&tbnw=133&ei=nL0MSfr4CI_iev3Ekb4E&prev=/images%3Fq%3Droman%2Bsigner%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26sa%3DX

No comments: