Wednesday, September 19, 2007

at the beginning of class on tues. i was at the point where i didnt want to keep working on my corn country hillbilly piece. i wanted to stay away from phallic images for my work, since most of my work lately has had some sort of phallic aspect to it. but i was talking to a few people and they suggested that i continue to work on it and cover the whole thing with corn kernels and that once it has a husk on it it should be a lot less "penis like". so i decided to continue with it. um... i dont know what else to say about my discussion about my work... so now i will end with a picture of a toy i like that is in the style of the work i want to do. it is a piece in my collection of toys. they were a free givaway in november of 2004. you have to go to a store with a coupon that you printed out from a website and they gave it to you, they are limed to 1500 pieces each and there was a monster that was limited to 500, i have all three. they might be among my favorite items in my collection. they are 8 inches tall.

No comments: