Sunday, September 23, 2007

strange corn

Seth,

For me, the whole phallic reference with your ear of corn isn't overly concerning. However,
I think the message that could potentially come across more readily caught my attention. I think a hillbilly ear of corn is slightly stereotypical. I don't know if you are sort of playing up the idea of a stereotype or if perhaps you could look further in other pieces.

and

Jason,

I'm very excited to see the result of the piece you are working on now. I like the sort of beautiful surprise you discovered when you started to drill the plexi--something tells me that will probably happen a lot with this piece. I think you made some very nice choices in materials and I'm interested to see once the structure is completed how the little girl will be (or not be) a part of it.

Brittany

No comments: