Thursday, September 6, 2007

pointillism in sculpture

I agree that ashley's idea of creating a larger thing with many small objects is pretty exciting. The idea of multiples can be really interesting as long as you have enough and can get through the tedious time it takes to make them. I'm not really sure I understood why you wanted to use a skull image it definitely has potential, but it might be hard to keep it from looking too trite (skull scarves for example). Although if anyone wants to buy me that diamond covered skull I am all for that! Ralph Helmick and Stuart Schechter use alot of this pointillism technique in their work...

http://www.handsart.net/pastprojects.html

I think their pieces are beautiful in the way they hang and also how you can see completely though them. They also kind of remind me of Jeremy's flock idea for sculpture.

No comments: