Thursday, September 20, 2007

porous clouds

I know a lot of people were posting about Leah's but im gonna do the same. We discussed how to make the larger clouds look similar to the smaller ones shes put holes in by hand in a different way. This led to dipping fabric in slip which is something I experimented with a few semesters ago. I think it would wonderful to get some sort of heavy felt like fabric and maybe hole punch the holes in it in order to get a porous effect. Then by drenching the felt in clay and really saturating it I think it would be possible to pull it over a cloud like form. I am really interested to see what dipping a thicker fabric in slip would do and when it is soaked u might even be able to stretch the fabric over the form. This idea is also interested because by using holes in the clouds you can mimic what a cloud really is in a way with the idea of water falling out of it and the form of the cloud not being able to hold anything either.
Another person who interested me was Jeremy because I feel like his project is taking a different direction than other work I've seen him do. I enjoy the fact that he is focusing more on visual connection between two things that have no other connection and I am very excited to see the final video.

No comments: