Thursday, September 20, 2007

On Tuesday Jo and I talked about our projects. I think that the woman figure, that at both ends turns to rope, like a frayed knot is going to be really interesting. Jo said that her figure was going to be life like and gradually turn into the rope at the ends. I really like the idea of the rope extending across the room, and having the woman near the center. I think this distance with the rope will make the image more powerful and help the viewer interact with the piece. I can’t wait until Jo finishes this piece. I think that it will be a very powerful image. Jo had some really great ideas for my project as well. She said that Laura had worked with fabric, dipping it in slip and firing it. I want to try some test pieces with different fabrics dipped in slip to make the clouds more porous and light.

No comments: