Wednesday, September 5, 2007

First of all, I was really interested in multiple presentations. In order to narrow down my choices I decided to go with the presentation for which I still have a question: Jeremy, was the clay bust you made of yourself actually completely fired in the fire pit you made or was it also fired in the kiln? How long was it in the pit? I have this idea about clay tablets and writing that I started thinking about in my anthropology class and the process of actually hardening the clay in a live fire holds some potential in terms of my idea since that's how the ancient clay tablets we have now were accidentally preserved...
As a semi-related note, I am glad to be in a class with such diverse backgrounds. Normally in my ceramics classes I have been bouncing ideas off of other ceramics majors, which has been awesome. Still, the perspective of VC, and 2d students will be a new and interesting one to explore in crit.

No comments: