Thursday, November 8, 2007

falling blindly into circumstantial realities this past month of my existence in the world has not been conducive to my creation of art, although it has been helpful with opening my eyes to the reality in which i am forced to live in. All that aside, my final clay project as a bfa major at the ud while still marinating in the thought and planning phase, is moving along. i hope to begin implementing some sort of physical activity by monday. I need to record video. i need to build some domiciles. i need to touch clay (im hoping it's like riding a bike!) I feel excited about this project because i felt like i fell off in a biog way about half way through the semester. my focus was hifted toward other things that are art related but things that don't explore my ideas or create art for me.

i read alot. i listen to a lot of music. im watching more films and movies than i would like to admit. kafka has inspired me over and over again. the burrow (thankyou abby) especially ofr my next piece building ephemeral housing units served as a guide book in dealing with my issues involving space and time.

alfred jarry. alfred Jarry. Alfred jarry. look him up. amazing. i promise. his thoughts and ideas have opened up a new world for me giving me reason and acceptance for thinking the way that i do. analyze the world one moment at a time. and analyze jarry's plays there are many of them out there.

ubu.net
http://www.pataphysics-lab.com/sarcophaga/#

this site is amazing. i plan for the next couple of weeks to complete the filming of the project and the installations i plan to create around our world.

musically, for some reason i have been listening to a lot of duran duran lately. pleae don't judge, i can't figure that one out either. but it all ties in somehow im just not sure how yet.

No comments: