Tuesday, November 13, 2007

my dust cubes were finally installed under the stairs and I was really excited about how they turned out. I find that the best things happen when I explore and let things come together. One thing lead to another, and I ended up with three very different, but very connected environments.
I think the most important thing is that I am finally learning that experimentation and uncertainty are an important and interesting part of my process that I should simply embrace. That's my plan for the rest of everything. In the beginning, I was stuck on materials, which became frustrating, so I have also learned that it's ok to just...let...go.

Right now I'm working on a group of inflatables that were inspired by a daily meditation routine. I was picturing a "sonic" environment that was connected to drawings I made while I listened to this meditation. I was interested in lightness, movement, tethering and moving through this environment. the theory behind these sounds is that they induce your brain into specific brain wave patterns that lead to your well being I suppose. and if you listen every day they are guaranteed to change your life. and while you listen, you just let everything be "ok". I just got to thinking about what that mental state would look or feel like three dimensionally, or how those sounds or brain waves, or their supposed effect could be translated.

Other than that, I am very much missing clay, so I'd like to spend some time playing, plus i think it wold help simplify my approach to working.

my inspirations have been those sounds, and the idea of meditation. I would say my work this semester deals with interconnectivity, and systems.

No comments: