Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Progress...

I think things are going fairly well right now. I might be a little more behind than Id like to be at the moment, but then again Im the type of person where the more pressure I feel, the more work I end up producing. Im about one tiny element away from being completely done with the first three "visual phrases"...I put some of the pieces into the kiln today, so they should be ready by around thursday to paint and put together. My goal is to finish 4-6 more pieces in the next month. If I could get even more than that it would be fantastic, the more the better. The hardest part is just figuring out how to represent some of these phrases. Once they are fired it only takes a couple of hours to paint and assemble them. And im not sure whats up with my clay, but for some reason it takes forreeeeeeeeeeeeeeevvvvvvvvvvvvver to dry....so i see a lot of preheating and slow firing in my future. I think i pretty much have the rest of the semester figured out. Ive been trying to be more aware of my surroundings, the things i watch, the things i hear on a daily basis just to see if i can pick up maybe more interesting phrases to attempt to reproduce. Its all a very fun and relaxing type of project for me. This is probably the last ceramics class ill be taking, since Im hoping to graduate in the spring, so its probably best that I really am just having fun with it. Im really excited about the finished project, and I know its really hard to explain exactly what im doing and talk about it with everyone, when I cant really reveal what they are without giving the game away. I just hope that it ends up turning out as successful as I hope. Well...time to get rolling....deep breaths...and plunge into the workload....

No comments: