Monday, November 5, 2007

Progress....

Right now I just finished my third "thought" bubble and I am working on "hell" or the fourth. So far things have been going well and I plan to add smaller bubbles that focus on certain elements of each bubble in the future. I started painting one of my fired pieces (the castle for those of you following my work). I am very pleased but I feel like something is off and I am still in the process of trying to figure out what that is. Other then that things are coming right along.

As for the future... on the drive back to UD from my home last week I brainstormed on my next semesters project. It occurred to me as I started to make these bubbles that they could form pieces of something much much larger... and they will hopefully. For next semester I plan to make a life-size version of me out of clay. These current pieces will be behind me (as if real thought bubbles) and many more pieces will be added in a full room installation that I want to be ready to show by graduation. It is very complex and a sketch would portray this best, yet I will do my best to describe it now.

As of right now I plan on having me on a bench smoking a cigarette. My loopy thoughts behind me and an army of small bugs at my feet. While across the way I want to have a table with my etches framed, as well as other art that I am slowly working on. The whole point of the piece is consistent with what I am doing now, because it is my take on my world. The piece is actually quite personal and some aspects I would prefer to be mysterious and left out of the blog at this moment. Yet anyone can approach me in class and I can attempt to better explain this if anyone is interested. I am not sure how else to explain it, sorry that the image I have just painted for you is so vague.

As for work I am looking at... I am simply taking in the world around me right now and trying to figure out what it all means. I find that some of the things I am attracted to most right now are things that I am in contact with everyday. Also some of my crazy dreams have started a dialogue for my work. I am reading a book, yet it really isn't art based.

Well that sums it up. ~ash

No comments: