Sunday, September 14, 2008

a beautiful moment

This semester Tracy and I are ready to conquer our polaroid transfer dinner set. Once we settle all the kinks in the system we plan to take the polaroids we already took from last year and maybe incorporate some new ones, that is if we can still find the polaroid film. Lucky for us, Tracy has a friend that can get us some polaroid film and also after going into Newark Camera Shop so much last semester, I'm pretty much best friends with the guy who owns it. Abby was also telling us that there is a place in philly that makes decals out of pictures that you can put on ceramic objects. I think we might take that approach for this project because the polaroids themselves are so beautiful that I would hate to have them get ruined.



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3zTC-yXuuw
Here is a link to an instructional video that teaches you how to do polaroid transfers!!




So another thing I saw this past week was The Last Iceberg lecture and exhibit. I HIGHLY suggest checking these photos out because they are so breathtakingly beautiful. To be quite honest, I've never been to an art opening lecture that facinated me this much. Her images are amazing and it's hard for words to even describe them. You should definitely check them out!!






http://www.camilleseaman.com



-Kerri

No comments: