Monday, September 29, 2008

For Emily




So I know this semester you are really interested in studying seed travel. Some things that have crossed my mind are if you are incorporating clay into it somehow. If not, have you thought about the way seeds travel...whether they blow or fall, if they stick to animals, if they are eventually eaten by animals, and if they float or sink in water? Some other things I think are important to take into consideration are the types of seeds you plan to study. I think this could make a really interesting project...especially if you were able to capture it on film somehow.

Here's a really interesting/odd/corny video about seeds that can hopefully help you...




On another note I know the other day you were talking about going to Mongolia if you got that Fulbright Scholarship. Here is an interesting fact I found out. Mongolia's natural hazards include dust storms, grasslands and forest fires, drought, and "zud" which are really harsh weather conditions. I think that's really interesting especially if you were to continue studying seeds there. I think this project could get very exciting if you were to study seed travel in America vs seed travel in Mongolia!


No comments: