Sunday, September 28, 2008

I spoke to Greg briefly in class about his plans for the semester and where he may be going with his ideas, and coincidently I didn't know at the time he would be my partner. He said he was still allowing the ideas to come to him and my mind immediately shot back to a scene of him laying in his pool for 4 days straight this past summer letting thoughts fill his days.

I remember Greg saying in his presentation that he spent a long time thinking about his past decisions and future regarding the career choice he would one day make. Was he sure he wanted to do art? "What is art" he would ask. I honestly don't know if Greg even knows at this time what his concepts will be this semester but I do know where ever his mind takes him I can be sure it took much thought to get there and I respect that. It is hard for me to even try and guess what direction he will go because Greg seems to be a very deep thinker and really wants his work to illustrate what he is thinking. Good luck Greg and when you get closer to some definite direction be sure to fill me in, I'm excited! :)

No comments: