Monday, September 15, 2008

Interesting..

I’ve noticed that I enjoy doing things on a large scale. I also like taking a shape or design and repeating it over and over, but often in a different size or at a different level in space. Also, I want to learn how to throw large pots on the wheel. I’ll be the first to admit I’m a nerd, and I have found myself occasionally day dreaming of what kinds of different pots I can make. So learning how to make them is definitely a goal of mine.
I do want to experiment with different types of clay as well as firing. I would like to try using porcelain. However, I really want t do a huge pit firing. Last year Jeremy Tan and I talked about going to the beach or something and doing one, but it never happened. It would be awesome if we could do one!
Some pieces I really like are by artists such as Marianne Lovink and Corinna Ghaznavi. Here are some websites I was looking at:

http://www.katharinemulherin.com/dynamic/artist.asp?ArtistID=43&Count=0

http://whipup.net/category/ceramics-wood-glass/

No comments: