Monday, September 29, 2008

For Esteban

So, Esteban if you remember is interested in using ancient Venezuelan figures as a base for his first project. He has been spending a lot of time with these figures in sketches and hand building these little guys. It makes sense to me that he would start with these Venezuelan figures because of his own family history. I think that it could branch out into other cultures in the future though. Part of his work is incorporating robotics/functioning parts into the figures. I would really like to see sort of a little colony of these figures each with their own purpose. I also wonder about mobility/moving parts for the figures. If they started wandering around the podium or the floor that could be really cool.

I found a few things while wandering around google results that I thought might be useful for Esteban's project.

http://www.thesmileproject.com/index.htm
motorized/animated robotic figures that are interactive by Jason Van Anden


An interesting Teotihuacan figure that lends itself to having parts/screens added

~Jen

No comments: