Tuesday, September 16, 2008

What inspires me? (and) Project Ideas:

This semester I really want to work with the wheel a lot more because I know that if I am going to invest in a wheel one day, which I plan to, I better at least make peace with the art of throwing. I love ceramic bowls of all shapes, sizes and colors and I really can't explain why the love affair- it just exists! I would really like to experiment with glazes and mixing recipes myself this semester as well. Texture is something I'm very excited to explore with these glazes.



I would also like to explore the concept of multiples and how that idea can be displayed. For my first critique I would like to have a large amount, atleast 200 pieces of clay molding around the inner and outer parts of my hand. I think the idea of creating my own "fossil" is pretty facsinating but also how to display the creation is something that can be very meaningful. In the past I've done work with multiples and in one critique I had for one such project, I learned just how important display truly is. This was the piece:

Abstract pieces also interest me greatly and so for this semester I would like to work with one or two ideas and form them into some type of abstract piece that can possbily be incorporated into multiples. An example would be the fossil project.

http://hildadeschutter.blogspot.com/2008/01/flockage-message-from-kirsten-hardie.html

http://mocoloco.com/art/archives/cat_ceramics.php?page=2



Publish Post

Catherine Hendrickson

No comments: