Sunday, September 14, 2008

Inspiration and Proposal!!!

This semester I really want to go into a different direction. I want to express myself by using different materials, not only clay. Maybe using mirrors, fabrics, lighting, creating shadows, and wire. For the first project I want to have a hanging piece of art. I was thinking of having a lot of different type of colored ribbons and having small clay pots that are hanging upside down to create a light fixture which represent the crazy exciting life that I live. 


I am such a random person and I get really inspired by people from different culture and I also get inspired my different designers. For example the designer, Anna Sui. She reminds me of myself in a way. She is an Asian American that has funky colorful oriental cowboy style. http://www.annasui.com/flash/index.html

Another thing that inspires me is music. The one person that I’m really into is a singer named M.I.A. she is Indian and the type of music she does is hip hop mixed with Indian. Love the way she dress, it very unconventional. When you think of Indian you think conservative and she takes it to a whole different level. http://www.miauk.com/

So I really get inspired by people that change the way we look at certain things. So that’s why I really want to do this colorful hanging piece with a lot of movement to it. I have learned a lot from last semester by taking in and looking at other peoples work. Not only do you have to use clay, but you can use other materials, which I like.

Samantha Grandy

No comments: